Meal plan: Microwave several sweet potatoes to serve on the side and prepare a simple salad of cherry tomatoes and arugula. Finish with a refreshing mixture of canned unsweetened pineapple chunks and peeled, diced papaya spooned over vanilla low-fat yogurt or soy yogurt if desired.
|Add ingredients to “My Shopping List”|
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese or cheddar-style soy cheese (3 oz.; optional)
- 4.5-oz. can chopped mild green chilies, drained
- 1 lb. firm tofu
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 6 corn tortillas, torn or cut into 1-inch pieces
- 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes, drained and liquid reserved
- Drain tofu and blot well with paper towels. Cut into 1/2-inch dice and set aside.
- In wide skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until lightly golden, about 9 minutes.
- Gently stir in tofu, tortillas, tomatoes, chilies, cumin and salt. Add enough re-served tomato liquid to moisten and blend gently but thoroughly. Cover and cook 10 minutes.
- If using cheese, sprinkle evenly over tofu mixture, then cover and cook until melted, about 2 minutes. Serve hot.