|Add ingredients to “My Shopping List”|
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 medium leeks, white and tender green parts finely chopped (3 cups)
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (2 lb.)
- 3 Bartlett pears, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch pieces (11/2 lb.)
- 5 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 14-oz. can light coconut milk
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- Pumpkin seeds for garnish, optional
1. Heat oil in saucepan over medium-low heat. Add leeks, and cook 10 minutes, or until soft, stirring often.
2. Add squash and pears, and sauté 5 minutes. Stir in vegetable broth, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and add salt, if desired. Simmer 20 minutes, or until squash is fork-tender.
3. Remove from heat, and stir in coconut milk. Purée soup in batches in blender or food processor, or use immersion blender in saucepan; blend until smooth. Return soup to saucepan, and stir in thyme. Reheat over medium-low heat 2 to 3 minutes, or until warmed through. Season with salt and white pepper, if desired. Serve garnished with pumpkin seeds, if using.