“I grew up on a secluded dirt road called Heritage Lane, and every Thanksgiving my family would pick wild cranberries and make this sauce for our guests,” reminisces Eden Hommes, who received honorable mention in VT‘s 2009 Reader Recipe Contest for this recipe.
|Add ingredients to “My Shopping List”|
- 1 cup sherry or apple cider
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Simply Organic Cinnamon Powder
- 2 cups fresh cranberries, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Walnut Baker’s Pieces
1. Bring sherry, sugar, and cinnamon to a simmer in saucepan over medium heat. Simmer 1 minute, or until sugar has dissolved. Add cranberries and walnuts, and cook 8 minutes, or until cranberries have popped, stirring constantly.
2. Transfer to bowl, and chill well before serving.