|Add ingredients to “My Shopping List”|
- 6 medium carrots, trimmed, peeled, and cut into sticks (6 cups)
- 6 medium red and gold beets, peeled and cut into carrot-like sticks (6 cups)
- 2 1/2 Tbs. olive oil, divided
- 1 head garlic
- 1 15-oz. can cannellini beans, drained, liquid reserved
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp. dried basil
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Toss carrots and beets with 11/2 Tbs. oil. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Spread in single layer on baking sheet. Trim papery top from head of garlic just to cloves. Wrap in foil, and set in corner of baking sheet. Roast vegetables and garlic 25 minutes, or until carrots and beets are tender, but not soft, and garlic packet feels soft when lightly squeezed. Remove baking sheet from oven, open foil packet around garlic, and cool vegetables and garlic.
2. Squeeze garlic cloves from skins, and place in food processor with cannellini beans, lemon juice, lemon zest, basil, and remaining 1 Tbs. oil. Pulse mixture until creamy and smooth, adding some reserved bean liquid if necessary. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve garlic-bean dip in bowl alongside roasted vegetables.