- 2 cups coarsely chopped cauliflower florets (4 oz.)
- 1 10-oz. pkg. frozen diced butternut squash, thawed (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 1/2 cups soy creamer
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 green onions, white and pale green parts thinly sliced
1. Place steamer basket and 1/2 inch of water in medium saucepan. Cover, and steam cauliflower 4 to 6 minutes, or until tender. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, purée squash, broth, flour, and thyme in blender or food processor until smooth.
3. Bring squash purée to a boil in saucepan. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 10 minutes, whisking occasionally to prevent scorching.
4. Remove pan from heat, and stir in soy creamer. Add cauliflower and corn, and cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Ladle soup into bowls, and top with green onions.
Per 1-cup serving: Calories: 160, Protein: 3g, Total fat: 5g, Saturated fat: 1g, Carbs: 23g, Cholesterol: mg, Sodium: 113mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugars: 4g