- 6 large carrots, halved and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (4 cups)
- 2 medium shallots, sliced into thin rings (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 Tbs. cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Place carrots and shallots in nonstick skillet, and heat over medium heat. Cook 2 to 4 minutes, or until beginning to brown.
2. Stir in honey, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Partially cover, and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 15 minutes, or until carrots are tender. Uncover, stir in vinegar, and increase heat to medium-high.
3. Cook 2 minutes more. Stir in parsley, and serve.
Per 3/4-cup serving: Calories: 126, Protein: 1g, Total fat: 1g, Saturated fat: 1g, Carbs: 33g, Cholesterol: mg, Sodium: 62mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugars: 27g