- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup dried apricots, diced into small pieces
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 shallot, finely chopped (2 Tbs.)
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbs. chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh mint
- 1 Tbs. grated orange zest
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 oranges, peels sliced off and sections cut out
- Toast almonds 4 to 5 minutes in dry skillet or toaster oven, or until pale brown and fragrant, stirring often.
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil in medium saucepan. Add quinoa and salt, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 15 minutes, or until tender and almost all water is absorbed. Drain, then transfer to large bowl. Toss with apricots and raisins.
- Whisk together orange juice, shallot, parsley, cilantro, mint, orange zest, cumin, and coriander. Whisk in oil. Pour dressing over quinoa, and toss to coat. Garnish with orange slices and toasted almonds.
Per SERVING: Calories: 383, Protein: 9g, Total fat: 13.5g, Saturated fat: 1.5g, Carbs: 61g, Cholesterol: mg, Sodium: 161mg, Fiber: 7g, Sugars: 22g