- 2 Tbs. canola oil
- 1 lb. Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (4 cups)
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced (11/2 cups)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbs.)
- 2 Tbs. minced fresh ginger
- 1 jalapeño chile,finely chopped (1 Tbs.)
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1 13.5-oz. can light coconut milk
- 1 6-oz. bag baby spinach
- 11/2 tsp. garam masala
- 1 Tbs. lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1. Steam potatoes in steamer basket set over simmering water 10 minutes, or until just tender.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, and sauté 8 minutes, or until soft and golden. Add garlic, ginger, and jalapeño, and sauté 1 minute, or until fragrant. Stir in coriander, cumin, and turmeric. Add steamed potatoes, and sauté 1 to 2 minutes, to coat with spices. Add coconut milk and 1/4 cup water, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 5 minutes, or until sauce begins to thicken.
3. Stir in spinach, garam masala, and 1/4 cup water, and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until spinach is wilted. Stir in lime juice and cilantro.
Per : Calories: 347, Protein: 7g, Total fat: 16g, Saturated fat: 6g, Carbs: 45g, Cholesterol: mg, Sodium: 382mg, Fiber: 6g, Sugars: 3g