- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets (3 cups)
- 1 cup green beans, stems removed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 Tbs. canola oil
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, ends trimmed (left whole if small, quartered if large)
- 1 14-oz. can light coconut milk
- 1–2 Tbs. Thai red curry paste
- 2 Tbs. brown sugar
- 2 Tbs. tamari or low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 small red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into slivers (1 cup)
- 20–30 fresh Thai basil leaves
1. Blanch cauliflower 4 minutes, or until al dente, in pot of boiling, salted water. Remove with strainer; rinse under cold water to stop cooking. Repeat with green beans in same pot of water; set aside.
2. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, and cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until mushrooms have browned and released some of their juices; set aside.
3. In wide saucepan over medium heat, combine coconut milk, curry paste, sugar, tamari, and 1/2 cup water. Start with small amount of curry paste and adjust for spiciness. Add cauliflower, green beans, mushrooms, bell pepper, and half of basil. Simmer 10 minutes. Garnish with remaining basil.
Per : Calories: 141, Protein: 3g, Total fat: 9g, Saturated fat: 4g, Carbs: 13g, Cholesterol: mg, Sodium: 341mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugars: 8g