Today is Love Your Body Day.
(To learn more about the Sex, Stereotypes, and Beauty, view this slide show.)
Participate in Love My Body Day by practicing these 8 things today AND every day:
1. Excercise – A good sweat session reminds you day in and day out of what your body can handle. It sure feels good to get that heart pumping.
2. Eat Well – Eat colorful food to properly fuel your body.
3. Nuture yourself – Pamper yourself with a relaxing massage, a pedicure, or a new haircut to make your feel fresh and alive.
4. Stretch – And I’m not just talking a good yoga session here folks, although that definitely is a good way to love your body. I’m also talking stretching your mind, stretching your experiences, and stretching your soul. Maybe pick up a non-fiction book at the library and learn something new, try a new local restaurant that opened up, or looking a stranger in the eye and telling them hello.
5. Look & Love – Look at yourself in the mirror and love what you see. Tell yourself that you are strong, wise and beautiful!
6. Dance like no one is watching – Get that music blasting and throw yourself a dance party. The dog won’t be bothered and if your significant other is home, have them join in the fun.
7. Smile – Smiling is contagious, can change your mood, and makes you look even more beautiful.
8. Believe – You can be anyone you want to be. You can do anything you put your mind to. You are strong. And believing in yourself is the first step in your success!
What better way to celebrate than to devote this week’s Love List to my body.
1. I love my mind because it is void of prejudices and open to new ideas.
2. I love my legs because they once climbed a 14,000 foot mountain, ran 26.2 miles, and helped me swim from one island in Fiji to another. Day in and day out they push harder and farther as I continue to swim, run and bike.
3. I love my spirit because it is wise beyond its years and free as a bird.
4. I love my body because it has forgiven me for all that I ever put it through.
What do you love about your body?
I’m feeling pretty good about life right now. I mean I just told my body how awesome it is, wrote ways to continue loving my body, and now I get to pay it forward. I’m happy to say that Jamie from The Jogging Stroller will be getting a new RoadID. Jamie, look in your email for a RoadID gift certificate coming soon!