I feel like I just got done with finals. I was counting down the client calls I had this week, which surprisingly were heavy, and on the last one, when I crossed it off my list, I felt ready to party for the holidays.
I haven’t really had much time to think about them yet. My mom keeps asking me, “are you ready to come to Texas?” To which I reply, “I’m ready as I’ll ever be.” Since I live in workout clothes (and work from home), I decided to do a little shopping for a trip “out in public.” I went and bought trendy new boots and some “cute” clothes getting ready for the Texas cold. (Um, hello, last year we had a white Christmas. ) Come to find out, its warmer in Texas than it is in Florida right now. That state can’t get things straight.
Anyways, even though I have one more day of work, and one more call with a client (last minute schedule today!) I feel festive all of a sudden.
I’m ready for a little family time. I haven’t seen my parents and sister in months, and it will be nice to catch up with a few high school friends.
This is what I plan on doing over Christmas Break:
1. Drinking lots of wine
2. Eating yummy food
3. Running among cows and horses (and McMansions)
4. Watching home videos in the home theatre (I love how everything IS bigger in Texas)
5. Trying to hook up with my old swim team for a little Masters pool action (wow! This just sounds bad.)
6. Tour the new Cowboys stadium
7. Shop till I drop
8. Dinner with friends I grew up with
9. Christmas Party at a family friends
10. Drag Dave to every vegan restaurant in town
11. Spend half the day in my pj’s.
I’m ready now. Bring on Christmas