You know summertime is near when zucchini, yellow squash, asparagus, and corn make their way into the markets on the cheap. Feeling lazy, I decided not to grill them, but opted to roast and throw them in with some pasta. This made a lot of food which Dave and I thought we couldn’t finish, but we found ourselves going back into the kitchen to get more until all was gone. I love how nutritional yeast adds a faux-cheesy flavor!
Summer Squash Pasta
Serves 3 – 4
1/2 box whole wheat pasta
3 zucchinis, quartered and sliced
3 small yellow squash, sliced
15 baby carrots, cut in half
1-2 cups spinach
1/3 cup nutritional yeast
s & p
Basil leaves for garnish
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine zucchini, squash, baby carrots, s& p, and nutritional yeast in an oiled baking dish. Toss well with EVOO.
3. Once over has preheated, bake the vegetables for 45 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, while veggies are roasting away, bring a pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 7-9 minutes.
5. In colander add 1-2 cups spinach. Drain pasta over spinach to wilt.
6. Combine pasta, spinach, and veggies in a serving dish. Toss and garnish with basil.