It’s no lie. I’ve been on a chocolate binge. The folks at Endangered Species Chocolate recognized this and sent me some samples to fuel the madness. I had my last tiny piece from the depths of my secret stash yesterday at lunch. It was a happy, yet sad moment.
With Earth Day approaching on April 22nd, ESC is partnering with Whole Foods for an Earth Day Contest so bloggers can get involved as well. What that really means, is that it is time for my lovely readers to come out of the woodworks, and score $25 worth of free Chocolate. And just in time for the Easter Bunny too!
Before I get to the rules (I don’t particularly like rules, but these are enforced by ESC, and are in the name of free chocolate, so I’ll play along), let me tell you why I love Endangered Species Chocolate.
1. They are passionate about chocolate AND the environment. Winning.
2. All-natural, organic, and VEGAN chocolate. Winning.
3. They donate 10% of profits to habitat conservation. Winning.
4. The dark chocolate mint bite-sized suckers are tied for my all time favorite chocolate. Winning.
There is something about breaking the square in four, placing a thin piece in my mouth, and letting it dissolve slowly allowing me to savor each last bit.
When eaten in the full bar format, I just don’t get the melting effect that I love since it is a little thicker. But beggars can’t always be choosers, so I’ll savor it either way.
If you are like Dave – bite-sized or full sized – it really doesn’t matter as you crunch away till it is peacefully in your belly.
ESC gave me three flavors to enjoy – Dark Chocolate Mint, Dark Chocolate, and Dark Chocolate with Almonds and Cherries.
All were delicious, but the Dark Chocolate Mint and Dark Chocolate were my favorites.
DO YOU WANT SOME FREE CHOCOLATE? Enter this contest for $25 worth of free chocolate from ESC.
Here’s how you can play!
Giveaway Entry Guidelines:
1. Leave a comment below telling us something that your plan to do for Earth Day on April 22. (I plan to plant a tree!)
4. Bonus Entry if you have a blog you can link back to this post on my blog. This will get you two points.
So I can track how many entries to give you as I tally everything into a handy spreadsheet, you must leave a comment below telling me how you played along.
Contest to end on April 22, 2011 at 11:59 pm. Winner announced on April 23, 1011.