Long time. I know. Life as a mom and professional is crazy-beautiful. And very busy! I know many moms (and dads) are in my same shoes, so I thought I would share some weekly meal plans/recipes. My routine is I store recipes on my iPhone in a “Food to Make” folder and before I go grocery shopping I pick 4-5 recipes to make each week, add those ingredients I don’t have to my shopping list, and off to Publix or Whole Foods I go.
Here is what’s on the menu this week.
1. Weeknight Tortilla Soup from Delicious Knowledge. I’ve never made this recipe, so I can’t vouch for it. I just added this to the “Food to Make” folder this week. Also, I refuse to use canned corn, so will be subbing frozen corn instead.
2. Maple Peanut Noodle Salad. Again from Delicious Knowledge. And another new-to-me recipe. I love tempeh, but never can get it just right at home, so we’ll see how this goes.
3. White Bean and Kale Veggie Stew with Crunchy Roasted Chickpeas. I’m on a roll with new recipes this week. I guess that is why I came out of hiding on this ole blog. This one is from Daily Garnish. The pro-bloggers always make things look so pretty in pictures.
4. Publix 7-grain Pizza Dough. I buy this every week. Makes for such an easy meal. I do half cheese and veggies for Dave and half veggie only for me. Our favorite veggies are broccoli, red pepper, onion, and spinach. Easy, peasy.
5. Protein, Carb, Salad Meal. Tofu (Chicken for Dave – we have some frozen to use) a sweet potato, and a salad. Because sometimes recipes are overrated.
And a bonus for good measure… I’m not making this one this week as it’s similar to the Maple-Peanut Noodle Salad, but this looks good too. Noodle Salad with Baked Tofu